National Fire Prevention Week
Cooking Fire Prevention
1. Stay in the kitchen when you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food.
2. Keep things that can catch fire away from the stove.
3. Never cook when you are tired.
4. Keep kids and pets at least 3 feet away from the stove area.
5. To put out a pan fire, slide a lid over the pan. Turn off the stove and let the pan cool. Do not move the pan.
6. If you have a fire in your oven, turn off the heat. Keep the door closed until it is cool.
7. If you have a fire that does not go out, get outside the home right away. Call 9-1-1 from outside.
Community Risk Reduction Programs
Fire Station Tours
Monroe Fire Company is present at several community events throughout the year. If you see us, stop by to say hello!