About Us

Monroe Fire Company is a 100% volunteer organization which proudly provides fire protection and emergency medical services to the more than 5,500 people living in Monroe Township, Cumberland County.

Founded in 1937 as the Williams Grove Fire Company, and with roots dating as far back as 1860, Monroe Fire Company operates out of a single fire station located just outside the Village of Churchtown. The fire company’s fleet of vehicles consists of an engine, tanker, mini-pumper, brush, and utility vehicle; as well as three chief’s vehicles and two water rescue boats.

Monroe Fire Company answers more than 250 incidents each year including non-emergency public assistance incidents, water rescues, vehicle rescues, and building fires. Our 26.5 sq-mile first-due area includes rural farmland, residential developments, the Appalachian Trail, mountain trails, a Class I railroad, and the Yellow Breeches Creek.

Fire Company Officers (Updated 1/17/14)

2017 Company Officers

2017 Administrative Officers President – Mark Farrell Vice President – Jon Kugler Treasurer – Donna March Secretary – Cam Baish Ass’t Secretary – Jonathan Anschutz 2017 Operations Officers Fire Chief – David A. Heckert Deputy Chief – Mark Farrell Assistant Chief – Clint Murphy Captain – Eric Radabaugh Lieutenant 125 – Rob Snyder Lieutenant 225 – Chris Wilkening Fire …

View page »

Birthday Parties

Monroe Fire Company offers a birthday party program for our community residents.  The program may feature the following (as time and weather permits): Visit from our fire engine and several fire fighters Fire engine tour/ride Fire prevention program geared toward children Free gifts The cost of the program is free; however, donations are accepted, but not …

View page »

MFC Attends Nat’l Fallen Firefighters Weekend

Oct 3– Continuing a tradition that is now several years old, Monroe Fire Company attended the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service today – joining other fire departments from Cumberland County and across the nation. Monroe firefighters, dressed in their Class A uniforms and standing at attention, became a “sea of blue” during today’s memorial service; …

View page »

Monroe Fire Co History

Editors Note: The following text is from “Hands Willing to Serve: A History of the Fire Companies in Monroe Township” by Jacob L. Heisey published in Historic Monroe Township: A collection of articles and images illuminating various aspects of our community’s past by the Monroe Township Historical Society. Preface For one to better understand this …

View page »

Past Call Volume

  2011 January 28 February 29 March 25 April 65 May 48 June 31 July 20 August 40 September 36 October 55 November 23 December 20 TOTAL 420 2010 January 21 February 23 March 21 April 41 May 16 June 32 July 25 August 13 September 26 October 22 November 22 December 22 TOTAL 284 …

View page »

January 2011 Report

For the month of January 2011, Monroe Fire Company responded to a total of 27 incidents, including 13 (48%) in Monroe Township.  The remaining 14 (52%) occurred as mutual aid responses to the following surrounding jurisdictions: South Middleton Twp:  4  Silver Spring Twp:  3  York County, Carroll Twp:  2  Hampden Twp:  1  Mt Holly Springs:  1  …

View page »

New Fire Company Reports Available

Sept 1 – Monroe Fire Company has made available detailed fire company activity reports for public view.  The reports will be posted as they are published, and are available here. 2011 Review 2012 Q1 2012 Q2

View page »

February 2011 Report

For the month of February 2011, Monroe Fire Company responded to a total of 29 incidents, including 19 (66%) in Monroe Township.  The remaining 10 (34%) occurred as mutual aid responsed to the following surrounding jurisdictions: South Middleton Twp:  3 Hampden Twp:  1 Mechanicsburg:  1 Silver Spring Twp:  1 Upper Allen Twp:  1 York County, Dillsburg Boro:  …

View page »